Question:
Why does my stomach growl when I am hungry?
sim_plicty
2006-03-23 17:58:40 UTC
Why does my stomach growl when I am hungry?
Six answers:
Lissacal
2006-03-23 19:25:50 UTC
Though stomach growling is commonly heard and associated with hunger and an absence of food in the stomach, it can occur at any time, on an empty or full stomach. Furthermore, growling doesn't only come from the stomach but, just as often, can be heard coming from the small intestines. Growling is more commonly associated with hunger because it is typically louder when the stomach and intestines are empty and so the organs' contents don't muffle the noise. http://www.sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=00092256-9922-1CE2-93F6809EC5880000
kukie1
2006-03-23 18:12:48 UTC
Lots of times what you are experiencing could be a thirst pain and not a hunger pain. Try drinking plenty of water through out your day and see if this doesn't help. The reason your stomach makes noises is gas. Different foods you eat, medicines you could be taking, carbinated drinks. They all can make your stomach churn with noise.
2006-03-23 18:09:51 UTC
The muscles of your stomach are ready to digest and sometimes start to try to digest, but nothings there. So stomach acid gurgles and the sound reflects of your stomach walls to the point where it sounds like a growl. Your welcome.
Untitled
2006-03-23 18:09:54 UTC
BECAUSE YOUR STOMACH ISN'T DIGESTING ANYTHING (sorry CAPS) and that is the sign for you to eat. But, after you eat, your stomach gurgles because it has, usually, a lot of new food to process
dbuitt22
2006-03-23 18:27:15 UTC
It could be your pancrecus is try to tell you that you need to eat. You might be diabetic too.

David
2006-03-23 18:09:09 UTC
because u need it or u die so if u don't eat u will die maybe so .Ur digesting will not digest.HELLO LOOK IN A SCIENCE BOOK OR SOMETHING